Post Natal Depression?

I'm about to bare my soul here, you may find this uncomfortable.

I think I might have PND. I'm not entirely sure, it may be this cruddy weather (which I'm actually enjoying - I'm not a fan of the heat) or it might be good ol' post natal depression.

I haven't googled it, I know little about it. I feel very low, exhausted, teary, extremely hormonal and today, a tad suicidal (not in a 'I want to kill myself' way, just 'i don't feel like I can go on'). Husband thinks it's because there is a lot going on at the moment and I'm hoping this is the case. To be sure, I shall go to the doctors on Monday.

Has anyone else experienced this and it turned out to be stress? Or has anyone had PND?

Luckily I don't feel embarrassed to speak openly about it but I know lots of others do. I'm not a loon or a head case, I just don't feel right.

I know what might make me feel better though. A cuddle.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, you've done a brave thing posting this! More women than would like to admit suffer from PND and it's a sorry state of affairs as it's easily treatable. Now when I say that I don't mean it's easy to snap out of - it's not. But there is help out there. It could just be just Baby Blues which is a mild form of PND or it could well be the PND either which way I think you need to talk to your GP and see where that leads.
    I sincerely hope you get sorted, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know a lot about PND but the symptoms are certainly that of depression. Make sure you tell those close to you and get some support. Don't suffer in silence it makes it lots harder. x

    ReplyDelete