MAMA SPONSOR: LATTE MAMA


So you wanna know all about our sponsors, right? 

Well our first mama sponsor Q&A is with Isra of Latte Mama. Mama to the gorgeous Zach and hardcore business woman. Isra is one of the funniest women I've had the pleasure of speaking to, a supercool mama indeed.

NAME: Isra Al Kassi           
OCCUPATION: Tycoon

WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA?

Skipping classes, smoking, drinking games, lonely film nights and nameless boys.

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON?

It’s made me calmer and somehow clearer. I suddenly saw everything so much clearer. It’s made me a lot more active, and 24 hours feels like 100. I can pretty much do everything thanks to my son.

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CANT YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE A CHILD?

Coffee, very odd, never drank it before and it was my only craving, now I depend on it. Also, good running shoes, the child is so active I wouldn’t survive in my usual fancy shoes.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

Have fun, you set the tone for the relationship, make it a fun and adventurous one. Not a fan of Barney and mac and cheese, maybe your child isn’t either. If they are it’s all about give and take, one boring coffee date for them and one messy finger painting session for you.  Get to know your kid, and be surprised of how much fun it can be building lego or how funny Elmo really is.

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY?

In the beginning I felt a lot sexier in a sophisiticated way. I lost a lot of weight after having my son and really loved showing off my body by keeping it simple but with few wonderful details. I’ve gotten too comfortable with my style now however, a lot of leggings and wide dresses. Waiting to go back to the early post baby time more than before I even got pregnant.

CAKE OR BISCUITS?

Biscuit is such an English thing, that I never even got hooked on until I became a mother. They’re sooo additive, I love biscuits, but I always tend to have a pack, a least with a cake I can stop after 3 slices…

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

I always tell my mum I want to be just like her. My mother is the typical housewife, she lives for my father, her children and grandchildren. Althought I’m a working single mum of 1: the complete opposite, I envy her strength. She’s always on her toes. Never sleeping, and always working. So full of energy and even when she’s exhausted, she gets the work done. Don’t think I’ve ever heard her complain. I’m a very career driven person, and all my ambitions are business related despite this I find it quite difficult to admire people that have “made it”. I tend to just get jeaous or spiteful. Instead, I’m inspired by hard working mothers who are doing it. It’s the hardest work there is and I salute everyone who does it, especially the ones that are open and frank about it.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

The clue is to realise you’re a good mother as long as you love your children. That’s genuinely all it takes. You’re a good mum just by loving your child, so stop pressuring yourself. Life is so much easier without pressure, and stress. Didn’t motherhood just suddenly become more fun? Also, EVERYONE is faking it. 

You can follow Latte Mama on Twitter and Facebook.

Now get your butts over to Latte Mama and check out all the cool kids threads.

1 comment:

  1. BRILLIANT! going to go head over to her shop now #walletwatch xx

    ReplyDelete