MAMA SPONSOR: RACHEL / DIAMENSIONS HANDMADE JEWELLERY


Here is another of our beautiful Mama sponsors. Rachel hand makes jewellery. Really REALLY beautiful jewellery.

NAME: Rachel Morrish
OCCUPATION: Mama, Jeweller, Valuer

WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA?

Wine, going out, cooking, travel, work, fun, friends, loving cleaning and trying to make a baby! 

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON?

A really hard question, I think it has made me re-focus my mind and get rid of all the things I don’t need to think or worry about any more….but of course you worry about new stuff instead. It has made me more in tune with my natural instincts.

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CAN’T YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE A CHILD?

Coffee, cake, sleep, my iPhone, the internet, drive-thru MacDonald’s coffee and my own mommy.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

Trust your own instincts, do what feels right for you and your baby. And SLEEP whenever you can.

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY?

Not that much really, I managed to lose my weight quickly, manly as I was a bridesmaid 18 days after giving birth!!! But, don’t do what I did which was about two weeks after giving birth deciding to clear out my wardrobe. I was in no sound state of mind to do it and resulting way too much been given to the charity shop and I am still missing loads of my old clothes even now a year on!!

CAKE OR BISCUITS?

Both don’t discriminate. 

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

My baby, other mothers…. when walking with the buggy and I see another mama and you give each other that knowing smile. It makes me feel part of a special club. I think reading blogs and chatting to others you realise we all have bits about motherhood that are great and bits we would want to be better.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

Everyone says it and I resist for a while but, sleep when your baby sleeps.
Cold water sterilising, much easier and quicker.
Formula cartons.
Try and enjoy your baby and this time as it goes by so quick.
During night feeds and waking, get your phone out and get online on Twitter or blogs, it will make you realise you are not alone…we are all up and here.
Go out and have a coffee with other mommas, if you don’t know any get to a class and put yourself out there. We all need those moaning moments to another mother.

You can follow Rachel on Twitter and buy her beautiful handmade jewellery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment