Little E and Bean


Here is a new sponsor for this month in the form of Steph. She's a Mum and a teacher and currently pregnant with baby number two. She also writes Little E And Bean. E (number one) is super cute with the biggest grin and cheekiest smile, I can't wait to see if Bean is as cheeky.

This is what Steph had to say about being a Mum...


WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA?

A lot of sleep. Seriously, so much sleep.
I studied for as long as possible before deciding I should probably get a job and ‘falling into’ the one profession I swore I’d never do: teaching. It turns out I love it, which is fortunate because it’s all consuming. Before having Little E I worked stupidly long hours and stayed out far too late at the weekends, it was a lot of fun.

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON?

I need less from life. Before becoming a mum I was always anxious for more; holidays, clothes, make up, a night out.  I still want all these things but they’re not such nagging desires, they can all wait. Little E has calmed and completed me. I guess it’s that old cliché of motherhood-induced contentment; I just don’t need as much to make me a happy person. Although, a bit more sleep wouldn’t go amiss.

ASIDE FROM CONCEALER, WHAT CANT YOU LIVE WITHOUT NOW YOU HAVE A CHILD?

My husband, he’s my very patient rock. Deep breathing techniques I learnt during pregnancy for those epic tantrums. The internet for the clarity, perspective and friendship it brings during those lonely moments of motherhood.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

Give yourself a break. There is so much pressure to get it right from day one; from the routine, to the feeding, to the sleeping pattern, to the childcare. Don’t be scared to make mistakes. Time is so easily wasted through fear and anxiety about making perfect decisions and all the while your little one will be growing right in front of your eyes. Just enjoy the moment.
Also, that saying: “comparison is the thief of joy” is so true. What is right for someone else’s baby or family won’t necessarily be right for you. Take advice and read around but ultimately trust your instincts: you know your baby.

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY?

I have no idea where my heels are. All my clothes are covered in something disgusting within an hour of putting them on.

CAKE OR BISCUITS?

2 of each, please.

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

People who have time for others. Life is so frenetic and detached that it’s hard to establish genuine connections. When I meet a mum or a dad who wants to listen and connect with others (rather than use them as a sounding board), I’m inspired.
Also, anyone who finds the time to brush their hair before going to work.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

Stop thinking five steps ahead and enjoy the moment.
Take baby wipes everywhere. I’m talking from experience here – I had to fashion a scarf into a baby wipe today. Bad times.
Remember this is all temporary, the good and the bad of parenting, it will all pass.


Steph is on Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment