Day Ten / No Booze: Feeling sorry for myself.

Today I am wallowing in self pity, a luxury I wasn't going to allow myself anymore but I woke up feeling under the weather. I feel like I've lost all my confidence as far as my body is concerned and the thought of getting naked and catching a glimpse of myself makes me cringe. I've gained all the weight I lost when I had the sickness bug so I'm back to feeling like a lump again and what calories I'm not consuming through booze are being consumed through crap. I'm short of patience and I'm tired. I want a glass of wine.


Meh.


I had the best intentions of getting up at 7am for a run this morning but a sore throat and fuzzy head saw me rolling over and going back to sleep. Big mistake. Everything is annoying me and I want to punch everyone on Balamory in the head. So much for no negativity, I need to pull myself out of this funk. 

Once I've had a cry and a cup of tea, I'm going to blast my eardrums with some hiphop and do the hoovering. And maybe some online shopping. Then tomorrow, I'll run.

11 comments:

  1. Hip hop and hoovering doesn't sound too bad at all :) is 7am the only time you can run? I personally couldn't do it that early but I realise it depends on the little one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough 7am is when I have the get up and go to run, 7pm however....

      Delete
  2. You should never run when you are feeling ill anyway, it will just make it worse. If you're not well, you need to rest.

    So don't beat yourself up about it! Run when the sore throat has gone and not before - that's an order :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw dude that properly sucks. You're allowed down days though, so give yourself that.

    As for wanting to punch people from children's tv shows, that's always ok. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Punching is excellent exercise. People pay good money to do it in gyms. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giving up booze and jogging? No wonder you're annoyed. I'm v impressed you've done 10 days, I would last 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks Josie. It hasn't been easy but I've been stockpiling the wine for 1st Feb.

      Delete
  6. I've given up saying I'll exercise because it just doesn't happen. I drink so many cups of tea a day, that I decided I'd run on the spot every time the kettle boils - I forgot to do that today (the first day)! Good luck with everything - you'll find your way soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH good idea, the amount of tea I've been drinking... I should burn at least 500 calories a day. Thank you lovely xxx

      Delete