Cookie (and biscuit) monster.

I luuuuuuva de cookies. So does Lil. Sometimes (you will want to vomit at this confession), I will sit and eat 5 cookies. Five big cookies from Sainbo's bakery. Yep.

Tesco's cookies are lame, Morrisons are thicks and soft, Asda's are too chewy and Sainsbo's are perfection. Double chocolate chip are my favourite. Oh yeah. And as for Lil, well.... she eats cookies too (if I leave her any). She favours white chocolate chip but will eat any. So when I found out a friend had jacked her job in to bake, kerching! We'd hit the jackpot. My arse recoiled but OH MAN, I'd just have to work harder at the gym.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you.... Cookie&Biscuit. American cookies made with fresh British ingredients.



And here is the lady behind the amazing cookies and biscuits (yeah, they're amazing... I've tried them... they beat Sainsbo's hands down). Mama to the beautiful FJ and former NY girl, Danae gives us the down low on Motherhood.


NAME  Danae Dade    
                   
OCCUPATION   Owner of cookie&biscuit, mum, family manager

COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE  UK

WHAT DID YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF BEFORE YOU BECAME A MAMA?  

Lazy days on the couch, shopping, eating out,  late nights on the dance floor and trying to score passes for NY Fashion week.

HOW HAS BECOMING A MOTHER MADE YOU A BETTER PERSON? 

Having Frankie Jean has made me more patient, and has elevated my multi tasking skills to super hero levels.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE A FIRST TIME MUM?

Try to sleep when you can, and make sure you have time for yourself. 2 things I didn’t really do until months after baby was born and I was near a breakdown. A nap and a manicure will do wonders.

HOW HAS YOUR WARDROBE CHANGED SINCE HAVING A BABY / CHILDREN?  

It took me a while to lose baby weight so I have a bit more leggings and stretched out cotton basics than I would like to admit. But I am actively working on wearing real clothes again these days.

CAKE OR BISCUITS? 

I love all sweets, but I’m a bit biased so cookies&biscuits!!

WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU?

Cliché, but my mom has sacrificed her whole adult life to my brothers and I .  She raised us all by herself, with very little money but a lot of heart and I only pray I can do even a fraction of the same for FJ.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRETS OR TIPS TO MAKING MOTHERHOOD THAT BIT EASIER?

Running has helped keep my nagging hormones at bay, its amazing what a trot around the block will do for your brain (and waistline) Cheapest therapy out there. Also, playdates and meeting other mums- there are so many groups here in London, (Mothersmeeting, London Mothers Club, Clapham Mums etc). oh and of course WINE.


Cookie&Biscuit are on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. Oh god this makes me want a cookie. Nothing in this world beats a massive double Choc cookie...

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved reading this! my friend is just starting an american treats business in luzern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for the kudos darling, you are a wonderful mother and FJ is lucky your her mother.

    ReplyDelete