Creepy Crawlies: A Learning Resources Review

Recently, as the weather has warmed up, we've been spending more and more time outside. But it's started to present a problem... Lil HATES bugs. Don't get me wrong, they freak me out too but I've managed to hide that very well, but she goes crazy when she sees an ant. I've done my best to explain to her that the little tiny insects won't hurt her and that they are probably more scared of her than anything else but it just doesn't seem to work (MUMMY AN ANT WAAAAAAAAAH. Lil, it's a grain of sand.)

She's a curious little soul and likes finding out about these creature that send her crazy (weirdo) and I'm hoping that as she learns more she'll freak out less and less. And when Learning Resources got in contact about one of their products, I thought perhaps it may help. At first, I thought these Bugnoculars would be fab for her but as her love for fishing is quite strong, opted to try this amazing Underwater Explorer instead because even though she likes to try and catch things with her net, she still freaks out once she's caught something.










As you can see, it's been a big hit and she's certainly mellowed to the creatures living in the water as well as those on land. A miracle! I'm still going to buy her the Bugnoculars though, we aren't there just yet! The Underwater Explorer is fab as it has a little ring to wear around your wrist to stop the boat floating away (this river was quite fast flowing so she wasn't wearing it - I was). It magnifies too so you can see the smallest of river creatures, such a great idea. I can see this being a big hit for a very long time...


A huge thank you to Learning Resources for sending us another fab product to review. As always, our opinions are our own and honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment