Chocolate oat cookies

I am in the final few weeks of my pregnancy and god what a chore. I'm too tired, really, to be bothered to do anything strenuous and as my SPD seems to have gotten a lot worse over the past week my daily seven mile walks have had to stop. Ahoy continually expanding arse.

What I have continued to do though is cook and bake and I've been thinking of yummy things to make to put in Lil's lunchbox (little fusspot won't eat school dinners unless it's fish friday). She is a massive cookie lover (definitely my child) so I've been trying to come up with a recipe that doesn't contain a shit ton of sugar because I don't want a bollocking from the school about healthy packed lunches. So after some experimenting, here we go...


100g butter, softened
4 tablespoons of sweet freedom (or agave syrup)
1 egg
120g plain flour
120g rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
Chocolate chips (I added 6 tablespoons of dark chips)


Mix the butter and sweet freedom together, add the egg. Pour in the flour and mix then add oats with the baking powder and bicarb of soda. Once mixed altogether add the chocolate chips. Roll into small balls, about 5cm, and flatten out. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.



It's really as simple as that. No faffing. And they're super tasty. I didn't just eat three of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment